Many people are discovering that they can make a big difference to help further WETA's mission with an IRA charitable rollover. If you are age 70½ or older, you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals and use your IRA for a noble purpose.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to WETA
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help support the programming you value on WETA Television and Classical WETA FM
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a contribution from your IRA to WETA.
- Your IRA funds will be transferred directly to WETA to support our mission.
- Send your IRA contribution to: WETA, Attn: D. Eliason, 3939 Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA 22206
- Please note that the IRS does not allow for any goods or services to be transferred to you in exchange for a contribution from your IRA.
- Your WETA membership will be continued for another year.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.